Delicious, creamy, and nutritious beetroot and frozen blueberry smoothie. This blueberry beet smoothie is made with just a few ingredients and takes 5 minutes to prepare.
This is another one of my favorite smoothies that I like to make. And as I know, not everyone likes beetroot, but all in all, it’s about knowing what goes well with it, and then you’ll love it.
And it could not be easier! Like most other smoothies, it only takes you 5 minutes to make. For this blueberry beet smoothie, you only need four ingredients. So keep scrolling to learn more about these ingredients.
Ingredients in this blueberry beet smoothie
- Beet: In this case, I only used a medium (peeled) beetroot. But if you choose not to peel them, that’s fine too. Beetroot is rich in fiber so that this smoothie will fill you up. To learn more about the health benefits of beets, check out this article by MedicalNewsToday.
- Blueberries: Frozen or unfrozen, berries will always be one of my favorite ingredients in a smoothie. When I made this smoothie, we were lucky enough to have some sun in our area, so I felt that frozen ingredients would work well to cool things down. But like I said, if you like your fruit fresh, go for it.
- Milk: As we all know, milk has a lot of nutrients. So I thought it would be perfect to use milk in this smoothie to make it easier to blend and get the proteins and vitamins essential for the body.
- Banana: To add more nutrients, it’s also good to mix a banana into your smoothie. Not only that, but it’s also a form of natural sweetener.
How to make blueberry beet smoothie
Quick and easy. Just put all the ingredients in a blender and blend them into a smoothie. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Blueberry beet smoothie
- 1 medium beetroot (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 banana (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup lo-fat milk
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.