This homemade butternut soup is a simple, authentic meal that will fill you up! Not only is it creamy, but it’s delicious and healthy.
Is soup a proper meal? I bet you’re wondering the same thing now!
But let me reassure you by telling you that you are not alone.
I’ve been there myself. But then I thought the soup was just what you make from boiling meat bones.
But over the years of researching and trying new dishes (because that’s one of my interests), I’ve learned that you can make a soup that you can call a proper meal. Or, for that matter, that will fill you up.
Speaking of butternut soup, I assure you that it’s that one super proper meal. Not only is it filling, but it’s also delicious.
I made it recently and couldn’t allow myself to enjoy the treat on my own. So today I’m going to show you how to make your soup!
To make this soup, you need a few things that are readily available and affordable.
Ingredients in this butternut soup
- Butternut squash– Butternut squash is a good source of antioxidants, including vitamin C and vitamin E. Read more about the health benefits of butternut squash at Healthline.
- Yellow onion– Yellow onions are most common in cooking. They have thin layers of white flesh and tough, brownish-yellow skin. They have a spicy flavor that surpasses other onions.
- Pepper– Studies show that black pepper has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. So not only do I make sure the soup is spicy, but I try to add something with health benefits.
- Garlic– We all know that garlic is one of the healthy things we should ingest, even if sometimes we can not smell it. The good thing is that if you’re not a big fan of garlic, you’ll not taste it in this soup. So, go ahead and use it.
- Butter– One of the quickest ways to make a spicy soup a little more prosperous and more flavorful is to mix in some butter.
- Water or vegetable stock– The vegetable broth is a fantastic source of fiber and a great way to help our digestive system. If you do not have broth, you can also use water and still have a delicious butternut soup.
- Salt– To add some taste, make sure you don’t forget to add some salt.
- Olive oil– You can use any cooking oil, but I prefer olive oil. The reason is that it contains healthy fat that retains its beneficial properties during cooking.
Butternut Soup Recipe
- 1 butternut
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium white onion
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 tbsp butter (for taste)
- Heat a large cooking pot over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and onion.
- Cook until the onion softens.
- Add garlic and stir for around 1 min.
- Later,and the butternut , butterand pepper. Cook until it softens. This usually takes 7-8 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water or vegetable stock and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Please turn off the heat and put it all in the blender, and puree it.
- Once smooth, serve and enjoy!
I hope you try this butternut soup recipe and enjoy the deliciousness too.
Do you have any other way to prepare the butternut soup? If so, I would love to read it in the comments, and hopefully, I can try your recipe.
You may also like: Healthy tuna salad for lunch