This tangerine banana smoothie is exceptionally creamy and nutritious in a way you will not find in other smoothies. Perfect for brightening up your dreary, cold days!
Today’s smoothie is inspired by a classic dose of citrus, especially if you still have a cold. Remember the carrot and orange smoothie I also mentioned to soothe the common cold?
These two smoothies are among my all-time favorites. Oh, and let’s not forget my obsession with the color orange in smoothies. Colorful and so delicious – SO GOOD!
I’m curious what your favorite smoothie is as we enter the cold season? Leave a comment below, and maybe I’ll give it a try!
Tangerine banana smoothie
You only need 3 minutes or less to prepare this tangerine banana smoothie. It’s perfect for a quick breakfast in the morning or a snack in between.
Ingredients in this tangerine banana smoothie recipe
- Banana-Whether fresh or frozen, it will still work wonders. That is, it will sweeten your smoothie naturally and without any other additives.
- Tangerine-They is rich in antioxidants that can support the immune system, fight cancer and improve brain, skin, and heart health. (9 health benefits of tangerines)
How to make this tangerine banana smoothie
- Use frozen bananas if you want to keep the smoothie cold and thick. If you only have fresh fruit, try using ice cubes if you still want the smoothie to be a little cold. You can also keep the smoothie at room temperature by using fresh fruit and avoiding ice, as I did with my smoothie today.
- Do not be afraid to add more liquid if your smoothie is too thick or does not blend thoroughly. Some may like to add some orange juice, but to avoid consuming too much sugar, I only use water.
- Start the blender on low and then gradually increase the speed to blend all the ingredients well.
- Finish the blender on low to ensure smoothness.
More banana smoothies:
I hope you enjoy this tangerine banana smoothie! If you recreate this recipe, I’d love it if you left a comment and let me know how you liked it. I appreciate it!